Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 9850-8a SPEAKERS

  1. #1
    Junior Hostboard Member KenOnMaui's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 14th, 2017
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    9850-8a SPEAKERS

    Aloha, I picked up a pair of these speaker and they were new old stock. Never opened in the shipping boxes. I opened them up and tried to get them to work, but alas no sound, except a faint high frequency. Any help would be great!

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: 9850-8a SPEAKERS

    I'm afraid it will take some deeper digging and troubleshooting to sort the problem out. I'm not a fan of the EV produced stuff, and have little clue how the networks were put together in these.

    Are you sure you were feeding them a good signal?

    Great example of the EV QC that helped put Altec down for good, non-working out of the box.

    If you;re hoping these will be on par with a real Altec duplex in terms of sound, a good deal of tempering your expectations is in order.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Elitopus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2015
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,069
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Re: 9850-8a SPEAKERS

    You have the same issue with both speakers? Interesting.

    I would check both drivers for continuity. See if you can separate the drivers from the network for testing.

    Maybe there is a reason they were kept in boxes unused?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.